Red penis skin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red penis skin.

About three weeks ago I noticed the right side of my shaft was getting red and tender after masturbating with a skin lotion.  This has happened before, in almost the same place.  Usually I'd stop for a few days, it'd scab over, and be brand new in a few days.

I have been active with oral sex, but the first time this happened was before I'd had any sexual contact.

Anyways, this time appears to be different.  Rather than scabbing over, it's just staying red, and it's been the same for a couple of weeks now.  I've been to the doctor and tried an anti-fungal cream and a steroid cream with no avail.  It's not necessarily bright red, more of a pink.  But it is more noticeable and brighter red when it gets rubbed or I exercise. It doesn't really burn, but I can feel it enough to where I know it's there without looking. The last time I went to the doctor he said just to ignore it for a few weeks and get back to him.  However, I had already been ignoring it before I saw him with no results.  I'm hoping to go in for another visit soon, but does anybody have any idea what this could be and how make it go away?

My doctor said he was sure it is not any sort of STD.
From the symptoms it can be due to dermatitis skin. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.