Red pimples under eyes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red pimples under eyes

I have red, pimple-like with white heads bumps under my eyes. I have seen 2 eye doctors and 2 dermatologists and I was under the close supervision of a plastic surgeon for another problem (a basal cell carcinoma reconstruction). None of them was able to diagnose this problem. I tried all the antibiotics, eye and lid cleaners, drops, dry eye products (all the samples they had...) etc. but nothing helped. The warm patches work for awhile but the pimples always come back.
Does anybody know about a homeopathic or other non-conventional remedy for this?
I also have an ugly scar due to my "reconstructive" surgery right under my left eye. Not sure if  I am over the topics here with this....

This discussion is related to Tiny cysts in the under eye area.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

For how long have you noted these white bumps under the eyes?

What medications have you tried?

A differential for whitish bumps over the face will be milia. Milia appears to be firm, whitish bumps filled with keratin plugs and exudes a whitish material when nicked. Is this similar to your case?

If a discharge is present then you may discuss with your doctor if culturing the discharge will be indicated.
It started more than a year ago, they are usually red-ish in color, with a white head (but not all of them..some are just red spots). They come and go, decrease in size and color, but is always something under my eyes. This is the reason I went to a dermatologist a year ago and then to a plastic surgeon who discovered another problem with my skin, the basal cell carcinoma. This was a first priority to treat, I understand, but after this has been taking care of, everybody seem not to care about the little pimples that are making my life a hell. Sometimes they look like a small rush, right on the bottom lash in the hairy area (sometimes they extend underneath). There is no discharged.
I recently got rid of almost all the medicine samples I used because they didn't work (and they all expired..). I will try to remember the name of those and post again.
My eye doctor doesn't seem to care much about this problem - that's why I was told in the end, after nothing worked, to just use hot compresses but for me now it's now not only a cosmetic issue anymore, sometimes these little things are itchy and other times are somehow painful (especially when I try to scratch my eyes).
I plan to see another ophtalmologist soon, if you know somebody really good in the NY area please let me know.
I remember some of the medicines I used: Erytromicin, Tobradex, some drops for itchy and dry eyes (no name come to mind), SteriLid, all you can imagine Theratears brand...
Hope this gives an idea.