Red raised spots on temples and eyes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red raised spots on temples and eyes

I've got spots around my eyes, and on my temples (and the odd few on my neck/chin, but only these areas) - they're sore, red and raised, and came on in a matter of days. And they almost alway's scar.

I had the same thing last year, around summer, and my doctor said it could be acne or an allergy, and gave me medication that didn't really do anything. They went away on their own over winter, but have recently come back, suddenly, though at the moment not quite as severe.

I have a good skin regime, and take care of myself, and no allergy's that I know of with cosmetics. I do however have very dry skin.

What is it? Is there anything I can do to get rid of them for good? And is there any way to help the scaring, as it's really quite ugly, and ruining my forehead...
It looks like infected hair follicles or acne. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.