Dermatology Expert Forum
Red rash around anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red rash around anus

I have had a red rash around my anal area for I cant even think how long. I just went to dermotologist to get it checked, he thought it was on worms and gave me a 3 day supply of pills and apply pramosone twice a day(lotion)  This has not worked, I have another appointment scheduled for next tuesday but I am kinda worried.  The area looks like just dead skin that wont grow back, it sometimes peals and it is on both sides of my inner buttocks(warm,moisture area)  It is a pinkish, red color and has a white spots(area) as the border. At times it itches like crazy and I have to scratch it and it starts to bleed.  What do you think this could be? I am a little nervous that this could be herpes or something???  Also, I have noticed that after I go to the bathroom and wipe myself , there are times that I have to go back and wipe myself again b/c I didnt clean myself fully, which is really embarrassing...  Could this just be a fungus or something from bad hygiene at times??

and it seems that this rash area just stays there it doesnt go away,

what are symptoms of herpes?

what do you think?

thank you

I think you don't have herpes.  I think you have irritation of the skin around the anus, which is common and annoying, but that's all.  Your doctor was treating you for pinworms, which seems pretty unlikely to me, so I'm not surprised the treatment didn't work.  This condition is best treated with hydrocortisone and moisturizers.  If your doctor isn't sure how to treat this, referral to a dermatologist would be a good idea.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
It might be a type of hemroid, talk to a different doctor about it, i think your current doctor should go back to school.
I had something similar. I think it's associated with my psoriasis. have you any other skin or nail problems? My treatment was TRIMOVATE ointment which combines fungal, bacterial and hydrocortisone treatments in one. Doctors tend to prescribe this when they haven't a clue what's wrong!
A related discussion, rash around anus on inner buttocks was started.
A related discussion, Anal rash? was started.
A related discussion, Rash around my anus was started.
A related discussion, anal rash was started.
A related discussion, Anal Rash was started.
A related discussion, hi was started.