Red rash genital area and anal area.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red rash genital area and anal area.

I had sex with my girlfriend in a swimming pool near my house one night, and then had sex again later the same night.  When we had sex for the second time she had water coming out of her getting all over me from the pool.  I developed a red, extremely itchy rash within the next couple days and haven't been able to treat it.  I have tried seeing a couple doctors and still haven't gotten sufficient advice.  I have tried using many corticosteroids and powders which haven't helped at all.  They relieve the itching, of course, but will not make the rash go away completely. Can anyone help me??
Tags: red rash
Pls elaborate more on the symptoms whether the rashes are itchy,raised or associated with any other symptoms and the sites where they are present,so that a list of differentials can be made.
Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
The rashes are red and itchy, they are not raised though.  They itch the most in the anal region but also on the sides of the scrodum mostly and on the tip of my penis.  The redness comes and goes sometimes but if you were to look closely it is always present, just sometimes more than others.  It is a pretty itchy red rash and is extremely uncomfortable as I am sure you could imagine.  On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say its at least a 7!  Thanks for your concern and please get back to me whenever you can.
The symptoms are suggestive of Jock itch. Jock itch shows up in post-adolescent men and hormonal changes during puberty,lifestyle and heredity each play a role.Predisposing fungal disease like tines cruris may also aggravate it.

Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day. and do not share other people’s towels.Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.Oral antifungals may be needed.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Well, I thought that it was jock itch also so I tried to use lotrimin AF and clotrimazole for about a whole month about three times a day.  I also tried using Zeasorb AF powders too.  I used to get jock itch a lot when I was younger playing sports but this just doesn't seem like jock itch.  Thanks for the help.