Red rash in crease of nose
Hi, i have a red rash in the creses of my nose and it has been there for over a year now, it will not go away and i have tried so many creams but none of them help, i have also been to the doctor and they gave me an anti bacterial cream which didnt help at all. it gets really itchy and also flakes a lot, i have read posts of people with similar conditions and the doctor has prescribed as seborrhea but i do not think this is what i have, i have looked at pictuires of seborrhea and it is like little pimples but mine is not. if anyone can help me please write a comment!!!
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it looks like eczema or sebarrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

Also wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide). Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then pls get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.