Dermatology Expert Forum
Red rash on 2 year old cheeks and earlobes
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Red rash on 2 year old cheeks and earlobes

My 2 year old has had a rash on her cheeks and earlobes for almost 3 weeks now.  The rash is bright red maybe even purple looking and it was bumpy and now it is kind of starting to smooth out (still has bumps though).  When you press on it, it does not turn white it stays the same color.  The rash did not connect before and now some of the bumps and marks are connecting.  We have gone to the doctor and tried topical creams for exzema (eczema) and rosesea.  We have also tried giving her allergy medicine.  There has also been bloodwork taken for heart disease, vasculitis, and one other disease and they have come back negative.  My doctor does not have any idea what this is and has actually never seen a rash where it is on the cheeks and then the earlobes.  She has referred us to a dermatologist, but we cannot get in for three months.  The rash does not seem to itch her or hurt her in any way, it just looks pretty bad.  I have a picture of it if I can send it to you.  Please let me know of any other information that you might need about this rash.  It is killing me not being able to get rid of this for her.  People are really starting to look at her like she does have a disease and it is really hard on both of us.  Thank you for your help.