Red rash on face and lacy skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red rash on face and lacy skin

Ok, so my 4 year old daughter has had bright red cheeks since she was about 1. They never fade they only get redder and she has what her doctor called extreme lacing of the skin. The E.R. told me it was fifth disease when I took her in for a 103 fever. Her pcp has told me that it is no way fifth disease, since it has a different pattern and has lingered for 3 years. Every time her cheeks get redder she loses all interest in food, she vomits usually once per flare up, and she runs a fever. Her laciness in her skin gets redder as well. The doctor said she is stumped and has no idea what it is. But is VERY interested in researching what it could be.

Any ideas?
One possibility that is coming to my mind is roscaea. Although mostly found in adults, yet it can be found in young children also . Rosacea is a cutaneous disorder of the central part of the face , such as forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. The second possibility is of lichen planus. It is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules(flat spots) or rashes.

Consultation of a dermatologist will be the best in your case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.