Dermatology Expert Forum
Red rash on scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red rash on scrotum

Dear Doc,

About a month ago I had protected sex and within 48 hours aquired a red rash on my front section of my scrotum.  The rash is bright red, covers most of the scrotum, and does not itch.  I recently was seen by two general Prac Doctors which diagnosed this condition as possibly fungal.  I have been perscribed Clotrimazole and Flucimonide (0.05) creams.  I have been utilizing these medications for aprox 8 days now with no change at all in this condition. Secondly, in the last 10 days I have seen a very very tiny pimple like area on my penis shaft.  I have tried to scape it to see if the white head may come off, but it seems that no scratching will unlodge the rasied area.

Do you believe this could be Herpies (herpes) or another STD?

I doubt it.  I also doubt it's a fungus.  It's probably just irritation (and more recently a clogged pore.)  The cream you were prescribed has a strong steroid in it, and an antifungal I doubt you need.  My advice is to use nothing stronger than over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone twice a day, to leave the area otherwise alone, and to show the rash to a doctor in 3 weeks if it's still there.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Dr.

Thank you for your advise.

An update, today a raised red sore (sesitive to the touch) appeared on my left inner thigh.  Secondly, I have had some ezema on my chest and other areas in my past history, but today I checked my chest and I had a rather large rash.

I have scheduled a appointment with a Dr.  Any new advise, I read that these three conditions could be are possible inital signes for HIV?

Thank you.

They're very common in people who don't have HIV too.

Glad you have an appointment scheduled.

Dr. Rockoff
I have somewhat the same symptoms, I have a red rash on my scrotum and it has moved up my penis. It has also appeared where the shaft meets the head. I had suspected the rash originated from shaving my scrotum, could this be possible? I've scheduled an appointment with my doctor already, I would just like to have a second opinion. Thanks.
A related discussion, Spots on penis! was started.
A related discussion, Could this be a latex allergy? was started.
A related discussion, could this be a latex allergy? was started.
A related discussion, Need an answer was started.
I have the same condition where tiny pimple looking things have started to apear on my shalf where the shalt meets the head. Its ver itchy and seems to b spreading...just want to know if it is bad?