Dermatology Expert Forum
Red rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red rash

My husband noticed a small rash (about 1 inch long) on his hip area about a month ago.  It is slightly raised, red, and dry looking.  He also says that it is itching.  Sometimes it looks more red than others.  Now in the last day or so, there are two smaller red areas developing lower than the original.  We are not sure if it is a skin condition that is spreading or if these two are unrelated.  We have looked for information, but cannot determine exactly what this rash is.   Any information you can give is appreciated.  Thanks!
Les:

Sounds like eczema to me, common this time of year.  Try OTC hydrocortisone twice a day for a week.  If no better, visit an MD for a stronger prescription, or reconsideration of the diagnosis, if necessary.

Best.

Dr. R
I developed a rash that looks like a cat scratch, on my wrist,arm,stomach, Raised and itchy. I can't pin it on anything I was scratched with. I visited a dermo and he wasn't sure what it was. The cream he prescibed made no effect.  They eventually went away. This was in the summer.  Now I have scars on my arms.
I don't want to encounter this again. Any ideas? Thanks for your time. Sue
For the past few days I've had a red itchy rash all over my face
I've put cordizone cream on it but that made it itch even more.
Can I please have an answer?
I also have a raised red rash behine my knees that really itches.
I had it on my shins first and I used Kenalog and cleared it  up.
It has not come behind the knees.  Any idea?
I have had a returning red rash on my neck area mainly for the past two weeks on and off and now it has come back and has spread to my shoulders as well as my abdomen and now my face is beginning to itch.  I have applied some benedryl and it is not working. I do have sensitive skin and have had similar bumps in the past and have applied the perscription cream aclovate and have been relived overnight.  However, this time is not the same.  A classmate of mine was diagnosed with scabies and I have been reading up on it and find that my symptoms don't quite meet.  Please help me find out what this is or at least suggest another medication or remedy that may help.  Any suggestions?
HELP I HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD THAT STARTED SHOWING A SLIGHT RASH SAT. MARCH 11 AFTER PALYING IN THE WOODS ARE BACK YARD. NOW NOT ONLY HAS THE RASH WORSENED BUT POSSIBLY SPREAD, THE AREA ON ONE SIDE OF HIS STOMACH RIGHT AT HIS WAIST LINE IS APPROX. 6 INCHES AROUND THE OTHER SIDE IS ONLY ABOUT 1 1/2 INCH AROUND IT APPEARS TO BE VERY RED VERY ROUGH AND VERY WHELPED I HAVE NOT PUT MUCH OF ANYTHING ON IT, HE CLAIMS IT BURNS. I HAVE TRIED BENADRYL ITCH STOPPING RELIEF AND OTHER MILD LOTIONS ONLY TO HEAR HIM PROFESS THAT THEY ALL BURN OR ARE HOT. I AM WORKING SUCH LONG HOURS OR I WOULD TAKE HIM TO THE DR. IT HAS ONLY BEEN PRESENT FOR 3 DAYS AND I AM NOT SURE IF IT WILL LEAVE SOON OR BE AROUND MUCH LONGER. THE WOODS WHERE WE LIVE ARE VERY THICK. PLEASE HELP!
My son is 10 years old and he has a real bad red rash.the rash is so bad,his skin bleeds,especially on his stomach close to his waist.I have tried all sorts of special creams,body washes,nothing works.please help,what can I do to help my poor son?
I noticed a round, red, flat, two inch diameter rash to the left of my naval 24 hrs ago whilst scratching it.  It is only mildly itchy and only when it being rubbed by something.  Strangely, it is quite hot to touch like an infection or something, but there is no sign of open skin or bites.  At this evening it feels 'funny'(can't descibe!) beneath it also getting a slight temperature.  Any ideas
A related discussion, Stomach Rash was started.