Red scrotum, then blisters...is it Herpes?
I am a 25 year old male, and about 1 year ago I noticed a red abrasion on my scrotum above my right testicle. I thought it was just that, an abrasion, and didn
If by blisters you mean actual fluid-filled bubbles, then this may indeed be herpes.  A culture at the time the blisters reappear would be definitive.  Otherwise, a herpes 2 IgG test can be very decisive either way--a negative test means you don't have it, a positive one means you do.  For reliable tests, see www.herpesdiagnosis.com.

I don't know what it means to "battle molluscum" for 6 years, as I have never seen this happen.  I am skeptical that this diagnosis continues to be correct, even if it once was.  I advise another dermatologic opinion.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Dermatologists in your area?