Red skin spots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red skin spots

For the past six months or so my skin has developed flat red circular spots that only appear after I get out of the hot shower or after I lay out in the sun.  I believe the heat makes them appear.  But after I lotion down they fade away.  My skin has always been dry and itchy so I have always used lotion to soften it and relieve the itch.  But these spots don't hurt or itch, they are just there.  I was worried that it may be psoriasis, because I did some researching and discovered that beta blockers can trigger psoriasis, and I have been on a beta blocker (propranolol) for 5 years now.  But the patches don't raise up.... These spots appear down the sides of my thighs, back of my calves, my butt, and a couple on my stomach.  Any ideas of what these are?
Hello
In my opinion skin is very sensitive part of our body. There are very common mainly they affect adults those who are more then age 40.but red spot is more harmful then normal sport. In case of red spot bleeding under the skin can occur from broken blood vessels that form tiny pinpoint red dots (called poeticize). Blood also can collect under the tissue in larger flat areas
These spots can be due to photodermmatitis or hives. If they are itchy then ringworm and eczema are important possibilities. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid. Applying calamine lotion also helps in soothing the skin.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done by a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.