Red sore skin down sides of nose - had for a few yrs now

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I'm 22 and had a sore rash down the sides of my nose for a few years now. Some days it's not as bad as others, and it seems to be worse after I have got out of the shower. My doctors have given me a couple of things which didnt work. They gave me some hydrocortizone 1% which worked and cleared it up but I stopped using it because I was advised to use it for only a week, so the soreness came back.

Can anyone help?

Here are some images:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8391/imag0107a.jpg

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/9568/imag0108b.jpg

Thanks in advance
A Seborrheic dermatitis. Might be recurrent but will settle in soon. Ketaconazole cremes do help but only your doc should prescribe.

It looks like seborrheic dermatitis to me. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. The other possibilities are of eczema, lupus erythematosus or dermatitis. Best would be to consult a dermatologist and get biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.