Red spots keep popping up...armpit, arm, neck, breast
Hi, I am so confused and flustered.  About two months ago I noticed some flat red spots, not perfectly round, but round in my left armpit.  It had been hot and humid and had been working outside, so I didn't give it much thought.  Over the next few days, the spots got bigger and started to itch and one formed in my right arm pit. Chalked it up to ringworm and went to the doctors to get evaluated.  He agreed and prescribed me an antifungal with a steroid.  I was told not to shave or use roll on deodorant, and to use the spray on kind.  Everything seemed to be going fine.  However, 3 weeks into treatment, I started to have a lot of pain under my arms and a perfect round circle formed around my whole arm pit, both sides.  
I returned to my doctors, he gave me Sporonox and told me to D/C the deodorant.  Took the meds for seven days, but it really didn't help.  In fact this time it spread under my breast, 3 spots, and one on my arm.  Went back to the docs and he drew blood this time, (CBC, Glucose and another one I can't remember) all came back normal, and gave me another antifungal cream without the steroid.  Still no progress.  I have asked him to do a skin scraping, but he referred me to a Derm Doc instead, but they tell me they cannot see me until mid November.
Woke up this morning and now I have a red spot on the back of my neck going into my hair line.  I am near tears.  I feel dirty and uncomfortable.  I haven't shaved or used deodorant in weeks and I am scared of giving this to my children.  Attached is a picture...I hope you can help...

Thank you.

Very Respectfully,
Navy Wife    
call the dermatologist (or if ya trust him you're regular doc) and tell them you think you may have hidradenitis suppurstiva, and that you are in pain.  I occassionally have to have areas lanced.  There are numerous good sites about this to investigate more for yourself. (just google) the mayo clinic and the HS foundation are both great places to start.  You are not alone...just today my 14 yr old told me i stunk...i asked her what she thought i should do...she had no good guess...lol
thank you for the feedback...good to know I am not alone is this...I will def ask my doc about it.  I got a referrel to see a Derm doc ASAP...so hopefully I will have an answer soon.

Thank you again!

Respectfully,
Navy Wife
let me know how it turns out
Thank you, I will.  I just made an appointment with a Derm Doc for this Thursday.  My PCM told me to stop using the topical cream in the meantime...which is fine, I just know that it is going to be a long few days!  lol