DERMATOLOGY
FORUM
Red spots on head of penis
by PJ, Nov 25, 1999
recently I had unprotected sex with my girl freind of 2.5 years. 3-4 days later a flat bright red spot apeared on the head of my penis (top). It was maybe 2mm. It faded quickly and was gone in 2 days. the day after It faded I got another one (slightly to the left of the first) I used hydrocuartisone cream and again it was gone with in 2 days. It has not happened since (over a month) There was no itching or bump (maybe a tiny darker red dot in the middle)infact the first on I didn't notice in the shower but later in the morning. The spots were longer than round and had no bumps. I had no symtoms and only noticed them by sight.
We have only had unprocted sex this one time, and are exclusive in our relationship. I have seen picture of herpes and this really didn't look like that.  What could it have been, yeast?
Answer:
by Alan Rockoff, MDBlank, Nov 28, 1999
PJ:

You are right that the red bumps you described do not sound like herpes.  Herpes produces blisters which last 5 to 10 days, rather than coming or going as quickly as the once you had.  Yeast is not likely either.  most probably, you had a mild irritation or dermatitis, which is quite common after friction whether from sex or otherwise.  If you get it again, try hydrocortisone; if that works in short order, dermatitis is almost certainly the problem.

Best.

Dr. R
Member Comments (9)
by james ,, Dec 20, 1999
after sexual intercourse,i get a redness and a fine little line  that appears to be a tear below the head of my penis,there is a little blood,i have been treated for psoriasis and after applying a medication it heals and goes away...it seems to occur from the friction of the intercourse...any suggestions or answers to this problem

by Alan Rockoff, MDBlank, Dec 21, 1999
Vaseline, liberaly and often.

Dr. R
by George, Mar 11, 2000
I have got 4 red sores inside the area of my penis covered by my foreskin. They seem to break open. I had them a few months ago but they went. What are they.
by jeff smith, Apr 29, 2000
i have some little red spots in the head of my penis and i dont know what it is. Can you tell me what is it .
by jeff smith, Apr 29, 2000
by jeff smith, Apr 29, 2000
i have a few small red spots in my penis head and i dont know what it is and i am worry about it please can you tell me what it is
by joe ball, May 05, 2000
I WAS IN A HOT TUB LAST SUNDAY AND HAD SEX. I HAD TO PUSH PAINFULLY HARD, I NEW THAT I HAD HURT MYSELF.  TWO DAYS LATER MY PEE BEGAN TO BURN, AND I HAVE NOTICED A TEAR AT THE BASE OF MY HEAD.  IM UNCERCUMZIESD AND WORRIED THAT THIS TEAR AND BURNING I GET IS HERPES, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT IT ALL MIGHT BE JUST TRAUMA TO THE PENIS?   THANK YOU.
by matt, Jun 22, 2000
I have had bumps on the head of my penis (towards the rim on the superior side) nearly all my life.  As I have aged, they have become more pronounced.  I have asked my doctor, and he has said that they were simply enlarged papilli.  I find them very unnatractive and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to get rid of them, perhaps without surgery, if that can even be done.  Thank you for your help.