Red spots on inner thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red spots on inner thigh

I have these bright red spots on my inner thigh near my groin area.  The spots do not hurt or itch and they are not raised at this point.  I was thinking maybe it was something fungal (like jock itch) but since they are asymptomatic (not itchy), I am uncertain.  Could this be and STD or some weird rash??  If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.

It is difficult to comment on the cause for these symptoms without clinical examination. There is a possibility that it might be ringworm in the groin. Tinea (fungal infection) is the most common cause for itching in the groin as it grows usually on warm moist skin. The common name for this condition is “jock itch”.
It is a common problem and you should not worry. You should consult a dermatologist who may prescribe you some topical anti-fungal medication. In the meantime you may try an over-the-counter antifungal cream like 1% clotrimazole. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing.
Take care!