Red spots on lower leg above ankle area?
I have had off and on red spots on both my lower legs (above ankle to lower calf areas).  I have gone to many doctors and had all sorts of tests done, received creams but no answers! Is it diet? What can I do? HELP!

This discussion is related to Lower Leg Rash.
The red spots can be due to petechiae.It  is a small (1-2mm) red or purple spot on the body, caused by a minor hemorrhage (broken capillary blood vessels). Petechiae may be a sign of thrombocytopenia (low platelet counts), in circumstances when platelet function is inhibited (e.g., as a side effect of medications or during certain infections), or in clotting factor deficiencies.

I would suggest you to consult a vascular surgeon and get it evaluated.Complete blood count and platelet count may need to be done.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

I have had "petechiae" episodes since I was about 38 yrs old.  Initially I was tested for the platelet count, but it was thankfully negative and here I am 20 years later.  Unfortunately my calfs now are permanently freckled or ("cayenned"), but there are more important things in life.  
The breakage occurs after several miles of hiking or walking.  Each year it takes less mileage for the breakout to begin, and takes longer to heal.  Sigh.

Yeah, doctors rarely see it, and none can tell me why some of us get this petechiae.  My dermo refers to it as  purpura.  And more severe episodes do itch or tingle a bit.  
Try this Web site,  http://dermnetnz.org/vascular/capillaritis.html     It seems to be the only place that can describe this.  I have it and had an RX for the skin, and it seemed to fade it a little.