Red spots on side of mouth

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red spots on side of mouth

5722100?1274838174
I have red areas on the corners of my mouth which sometimes crack.  I have treated these areas with several different creams and ointments.  They sometimes start to clear only to return back.  Do you have any suguestions?

Heres a picture of one theres another one just like it on the other side of my mouth.
From the symptoms it sounds like cheilitis and angular cheilitis at the corners of mouth which are caused by infection. Dry out the lesions completely by patting and air drying after washing with a mild soap and use petroleum jelly to lock out moisture. It is vital that the affected areas be clean and completely dry before application of the jelly. You can also apply small amounts of athlete’s foot cream which is available over the counter. If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist as oral antimicrobials may be needed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.