Red spots on the back of my head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red spots on the back of my head

I shaved my head today and found that I have red patches of skin on my scalp.  I can also feel that some of them are raised to form bumps.  I took a picture of them and maybe someone can tell me what it is?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8291/dsc02414f.jpg

I find myself unconsciously scratching that area sometimes.  
  • itch (1 replies):
    i have bumps in the top and the back of my head the itch...[more]
  • Shaving rashes (1 replies):
    Doc, what do i treat shaving(clippers) rashes that has t...[more]
  • Rash (1 replies):
    I have these little White Bumps on my Neck that look lik...[more]
  • Pimple? (1 replies):
    about a month ago on my inner thigh about 4 inches from ...[more]
  • what are puss bumps (1 replies):
    what are lttle puss bumps onthe stomach /side areas?
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it sounds like folliculitis. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

You need to cut down on eating oily foods, fried foods and spices, it'll go away and of course shower occasionally n try sweating a lot, go to the gym or summin. Good Luck.