Red spots/pimples after tanning?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red spots/pimples after tanning?

Ive recently started visiting tanning studios.
I make sure I dont overgo as its not the healthiest.
Once a week is enough, I think.
I only go in for max 5-6 minutes.
Ive recently went in about 3 days ago and used a tanning lotion for a faster darker skin achievement. I used it once before and was pretty satisfied. But this time I noticed I got red spots/pimples right after the sesion.
Could be an allergy that only appeared now? I was sun bathing the day before could that have something to do with it?
Also I used a moisturiser that morning. Could it react with the tanning lotion and cause the spots to appear?
What is it and how can I make them disappear?
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it sounds like folliculitis. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin.It starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.
I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Thanks a lot. I had no clue. Is it ok if I stick with my Exfoliate, Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise daily rountine? I dont really wash my face with soap as it dries my face too easily.
You can continue with the routine.Just make sure that the moisturizer is hypoallergenic and non greasy.If the symptoms persist then you can use the above mentioned treatment.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.