Red spots (rash) under breast

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red spots (rash) under breast

i am a 34 year old white female.  for a long time now i have had red spots (or a rash) under my left breast and a little bit under my right breast.  the rash is flat with no pus or crusting.  it rarely itches and does not hurt.  i have larger breasts and usually do not wear a bra unless i am going out to eat, the bar, getting my hair done, etc (i feel more comfortable with out a bra on)...  any ideas on what this could be?? by the way, i have not changed laundry soaps or bath soap so i know that those would not be a reason for this...

This sounds like a heat rash or milaria , though nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

'Miliaria (miliaria rubra, sweat rash or prickly heat) is a skin disease marked by small and itchy rashes. Miliaria is a common ailment in hot and humid conditions, such as in the tropics and during the summer season. '

'The prevention and treatment of miliaria primarily consists of controlling heat and humidity so that sweating is not stimulated. Measures may involve treating a febrile illness; removing occlusive clothing; limiting activity; providing air conditioning; or, as a last resort, having the patient move to a cooler climate.'

You could read more about the condition at the following links -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miliaria

and

http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic266.htm

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
Avatar n tn
i don't think it is a heat rash though because i have had it every day for over a year.  i've had a heat rash before and it does not appear to be the same rash...

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

Regards.
I had it too.... Check your cholostrol. Mine was 258. Change my diet... Work out and lost a little weight. Cholostrol iwent down to 194. The spots are gone!!