Red spots with flaky skin in middle

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red spots with flaky skin in middle

Married mother of one. 29 years old. Decent health other than some ear issues and allergy issues.
4 weeks ago started getting a red welt like spot on my left shoulder right on top of my birthmark. The skin is raised and the in the middle the skin was flaky and dry. Now I have 8 small spots like the one large one on my shoulder, but on my right arm 10 on the left arm and a bunch on the trunk part of my body and couple of them on my upper thighs and on the under side of my breasts:(. Do not have any on my face, hands, feet lower legs. I might have it behind my ear. The spots are small and red and raised a little and the skin looks a little distorted on the bigger spots if that makes sense. They do not itch, but the flaky skin is quite rough.

I seen a doctor and he tested for fungus and did some blood work. No infection and no fungus, blood work normal.Doctor did say it blanched. Whatever that means. Can't get in to see a Derm for another two months. The spots are increasing everyday. They seems to be on the covered parts of my body

The only changes in my life are that I got a kitten in late October.

The spot on my shoulder does seem to improve when I put rose-hip seed oil on it, but it never goes away completely and that is the same for the smaller spots. It helps with the flakiness, but the raised and obviously distorted skin stays.  

My G-ma had psoriasis and another autoimmune disease. Not sure if this could be what I have.
The spots resemble this, but i do not have as near as many as this little one does. Only a few are as big as the bigger ones this child has.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/medical/IM01661
And In October I had a nasty case of Strep throat. Don't know if that helps or is relevant.
From the symptoms it can be pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.