Dermatology Community
Red swollen burning itchy face :*(
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Red swollen burning itchy face :*(

A couple of weeks ago I put a Clinique product on my face after not using it for three months and now suffering with red swollen burnt itchy skin on my face. I no longer use any Clinique products. I tried using the sensitive line from La Roche-Posay but even that irritates me a little now. I now wash my face with water and put either my son's Zincofax cream on my face or Nivea cream (the light version that comes in white jars).  My face/neck is still almost unbearably itchy. It's embarrassingly red and swollen around my eyes. I don't know what else to do. By the time my doctor can see me (2 weeks!) I'll be skinless as I'll rip my skin off cuz I can't take this itch and burn and swelling anymore. Anyone got any ideas???
Related Discussions
  • help me (1 replies):
    i got a face rashes due to old cinthol soap
  • help (1 replies):
    i started out with some little bitty bump i would pop th...[more]
  • Itchy face after face wash (1 replies):
    I noticed that I have irritated skin after face wash or ...[more]
  • Face burning (2 replies):
    All of a sudden, my face is burning and prickly. I don't...[more]
  • dermatology (1 replies):
    Had a chemical peel 10% about 2 weeks ago. Suffering wi...[more]
563773 tn?1374250139
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. Also take antihistaminics like Benadryl.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Raleigh, NC
209987 tn?1451939065
Avatar f tn
Oslo, Norway
4851940 tn?1385441629
United Kingdom