Red thigh rash with white head pimples

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red thigh rash with white head pimples

5897156?1278849699
This picture was taken today, these appeared yesterday morning. The day before that I was kayaking in a river and swimming.
can you give a brief history of how this happened?
This first showed up 3 days ago as a small itchy red rash.

In that day I went kayaking in the CT River

Also my puppies who play in a muddy pond on my property jumped on me and i had wet shorts with there mud on me for an hour or so in that exact spot.

Saturday the rash really took form and looked as it does in the picture.

Today they are even more red then this picture taken a few hours ago and there are large red spots forming around the white heads. I have placed gauze over the area and taped it off.
Well after taking Doxycycl Hyclate tablets two daily of 100mg morning after the rash got worse but did not spread, it is now clearing up and the redness is lightly bruised instead but going away. the white heads are gone and the main protrusions are reduced in size.

It seems its only a couple of days until its totally gone.
1 tablet morning and night*  Typo
From the symptoms the possibility of folliculitis needs to be ruled out. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle.

Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Topical antibiotics such as Neosporin or Bactroban are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.