Dermatology Expert Forum
Red to dark dots on the scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red to dark dots on the scrotum

Hello, I am a 34 year old male and I practice very good hygeine. Recently I have noticed Red to dark dots on the skin surface of my scrotum sac.. on the left and right side. They are slightly raised and small(pin like) and a couple of slightly larger ones. They do not have a head like a pimple. The slighltly larger ones appear like they are filled with fluid. Although they are small and appear only on the right and left side of the sac it bothers me...They do not itch or burn or bleed and appear only in that area and not on the penis. I do not feel any lumps in my sac either. They do not look like warts..This may sound stupid.. but I haven't worn underwear in years...would this have anything to do with it?..Also, I shave my scrotum sac area from time to time because I like the appearence. But I don't think it looks like and infected hair follicle...Today I rubbed some neosporin on it to see what happens. What do you think..I have heard that protopic might be a good ointment to use. If so, will it help them fade and how long does it usually take? Any thoughts??
                              Thank you....man777
I suspect these may be angiofibromas.  These are benign and unimportant spots containing blood vessels that appear on men's scrotums as the years pass.  They have no significance and require no treatment.  I think you should see a doctor for definitive diagnosis, but I doubt you'll have to do anything.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I am black guy of 37, I have noticed dark dots on the skin surface of my scrotum sac.. on the left and right side and they have been very itchy. They are slightly raised and small(pin like) and a couple of slightly larger ones. They do not have a head like a pimple but looks like tiny pimples. There are few slighltly larger ones in that area and not on the penis. Though not too sure but noticed this after shaving the area and hairs about coming up.  Although they are small and appear only on the right and left side of the sac it bothers me...They itch severely more especially when that place becomes humid. I stoped wearing tight underwears to prevent humidity of the area because I do have severe itch anytime I remove my underwear and receive some air, moreso the itching comes atimes at nights. I am a very neat and hygienic person. I do not feel any lumps in my sac either, but I haven't worn underwear in years... Also, I shave my scrotum sac area from time to time because I like the appearence when shaved cause am hairy. I have gone for urine, blood, and sperm tests yet nothing was found. This has lasted for years now. I have used some anti fungal and itch creams but the itching has been persistent. My major problem is how to sop the itching completely. What do you think.
A related discussion, small white bumps was started.