Dermatology Community
Red "welts" in armpit?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red "welts" in armpit?

Hey...So this isn't something I personally have, but my mom does and we're getting worried about it. A few weeks ago, she was dizzy and kind of sick so she took a nap. When she woke up, there were these red spots under in her armpit. They were kind of sore, but nothing to painful. A few days ago, she got food-poisoning from eating beans, and today, she had more of the red spots or welts. The ones she had gotten previously, are still visible, but going away. Anyhow, the new batch didn't hurt at all, until after her shower. Now, they are burning very badly. They aren't lumps or anything, they are smooth; and they don't look like a bug bite either. Any suggestions or ideas of what they might be or where they came from? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be irritated hair follicles, dermatitis, sweat rash, heat rash or shingles. Ask your mother to apply calamine lotion on the rash and take some antihistaminics. She should also wear cotton clothes and change the clothes twice to prevent excessive sweating and chafing. If the spots turn painful, then shingles has to be ruled out for which is suggest her to consult a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank