Dermatology Expert Forum
Redness between leg and groin area...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Redness between leg and groin area...

I have a recurring problem over the last year, which can happen irregglarly, where under my legs between the groin and inner thigh area it gets red, sometimes itchy but not always and excess sweat excreates which lasts 2-3 days.

It can happen around every 6-8 weeks but has known to subside for a few months before it happens again.

I've kind of linked it to the heat as it usually happens when the weather is warmer and as a result wear baggier boxers to allow the air to circulate more which helps it go down. I've also tried to link it to different types of underwear in the event it was an allergy to the fabric used and washing powder but am still not sure what might be causing it.

Any ideas?
Heat, sweat, and weight may play a role, but they rarely explain day-to-day fluctuations.  Fungus, howeverm doesn't fluctuate, so most likely what you have is just a chafing/heat rash.  I advise powder, loose underwear, 1% hydrocortisone, and a visit to the dermatologist for definitive diagnosis.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff

i think that i may have jock itch, but my skin colour where it itches is more darker than red, a more browner colour. often fluids are secreted from my groin when i itch. i want to know if the skin discoloration is permanent. also i think this itch/rash may have occured from me having shaved the hair around my innner thighs. i have had this for nearly a year now. so????????
A related discussion, longterm rash to groin (not genitals) was started.