Redness right ankle only

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Redness right ankle only

For two years I have been going to doctors (internists and dermatologists) trying to find out what causes my right ankle to be blood red and from time to time feels hot to the touch. I've had every response from scleraderma (maybe) to nothing. While in Europe three years ago and walking in the heat, I had severe swelling of both legs from knees to ankles and a rash...A nurse from America told me I had cellulitis so we bought a steroid ointment and it got better the next two days. Since then my right ankle stays red and from time to time after showering it looks green/brown/purple. Two nights ago I had a tiny white bump near my inside ankle bone, more heat and growing pain...I opened the white bump and it immediately felt less painful. After my shower I used an antiseptic ointment and it seems some better. I have been diagnosed with an L4 pinched nerve (have also had lower disc surgery 12 years ago). I personally believe the redness in one ankle has something to do with the nerves in my right foot. Some flat shoes that rub the two last toes on my right foot set off the nerves in those toes that even a sheet on them at night keeps me awake with sensitivity. I'm a professional  speaker who has stood on my feet for 8 hours lecturing for thirty years....That is most likely a large part of my problem.    

This discussion is related to Ankle Rash.