Dermatology Community
Redness from ingrown hairs/pimples?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Redness from ingrown hairs/pimples?

On my upper lip and on my chin I have had ingrown hairs which caused quite a bit of discomfort for me, after a few weeks the bumbs are beginning to flatten out but the redness is still there. What can I use to heal/treat/fix these areas? (Someone mentioned that I could be hormonal because of the redness on my chin. I don't drink/smoke/ take drugs, so I have no idea what is causing it.) I also don't use any facial cleansers because I am not sure which is "the best" for the oily/dry skin type that I have. My skin is fairly clear, except where I have mentioned.

Could you please recommened me a very light cleanser, and perhaps something that would really help reduce the redness of the marks/scars left over by the ingrown/pimple?
Tags: redness, ingrown hair, face, mouth area
1340994_tn?1374197577
I used to use Neutrogena facial cleanser, and then acetic acid (vinegar).  Aveeno makes good products, including Aveeno face lotion with acetic acid treatment.  

I have heard many people say they put Windex on breakouts when then need them cleared up fast.  I have not tried this odd treatment myself.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank