Dermatology Expert Forum
Redness/inflammation under lips, above chin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Since early this year, I've had skin redness/inflammation in the area between my lips and chin.  I've tried Ketoconazole 2%, Lamisil, and moisturizers to get rid of it.  The skin burns whenever it comes into contact with my Clearasil aftershave, so I avoid applying the aftershave to that area.  The area's really dry when I finish shaving, so I apply moisturizer to combat the dryness.  I decided to try something new today, so after shaving I applied Banana Boat's Moisturizing Aloe After-Sun Lotion to the area and it burned like crazy!

I just want the redness to go away.  I have really good skin other than the area I just described.  Is there an over-the-counter solution to this problem?
I suggest you apply 1% hydrocortisone cream (over-the-counter) twice a day for one week.  Other than that, just non-prescription moisturizer.  Don't rub, touch, or examine the area to see how it's doing.  The wait for one month.  If the skin is still red, see a dermatologist.  But your best bet, I think  is just to reduce inflammation and wait it out.  The burning should go away too, if you give it time.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I am not a Dr. but, in my opinion it sound like are getting razor burn.