Dermatology Expert Forum
Redness/inflammation under lips, above chin
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Redness/inflammation under lips, above chin

Since early this year, I've had skin redness/inflammation in the area between my lips and chin.  I've tried Ketoconazole 2%, Lamisil, and moisturizers to get rid of it.  The skin burns whenever it comes into contact with my Clearasil aftershave, so I avoid applying the aftershave to that area.  The area's really dry when I finish shaving, so I apply moisturizer to combat the dryness.  I decided to try something new today, so after shaving I applied Banana Boat's Moisturizing Aloe After-Sun Lotion to the area and it burned like crazy!

I just want the redness to go away.  I have really good skin other than the area I just described.  Is there an over-the-counter solution to this problem?