Redness on my genitals

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Redness on my genitals

Today I randomly woke up to an itchy groin. After a little bit, I had noticed that there is a rash along one side of my penis and my scrotum appears to be red as well. I've never experienced anything like this, it was out of the blue completely. There is no burning when urinating or anything like that and I've looked at plenty of pictures of all kinds of STD's and it resembles none of them. What could it be?
These symptoms can be due to fungal infection of the area. Restrict wearing any undergarments at night and as far as possible keep the area dry. Also wear cotton undergarments and use clotrimazole powder on the area. Application of local antifungal cream (terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.