Regrow Cut Cuticle

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Regrow Cut Cuticle

How long it takes to regrow the accidentally cut finger cuticle. Since the cuticle removal, I have periodically a skin inflammation around the nail (no nail problem). Since the important cuticle's role is to seal the skin above the nail and prevent any infection in this area, I am worry I can't see any cuticle regrowth almost 2 1/2 months? Is the periodical inflammation in this area prevents the growth of the cuticle, or regardless of the inflammation the missing cuticle will regrow but slowly? I hope to receive a reply ASAP. Thanks for your help!
As you are having the symptoms of inflammation around the nail and cuticle, so the possibility of paronychia has to be ruled out. It results from a breakdown of the protective barrier between the nail and the nail fold.

Treatment includes warm water soaks of the affected finger 3-4 times per day,oral antibiotics, topical antifungals and surgical intervention in more severe cases. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep us posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.

What helps me is applying something relatively sterile to fill the gap and stop the constant infection (I use burt's bees basic chap stick)