Removing Blackheads
What is the best way to remove blackheads, please? My 16-year-old son has some very large ones on his face (nose, edge of lips, cheeks) and though he is finally in a decent cleaning regimine, and overall his skin is improving, the blackheads remain. We have tried warming his face over a bowl of hot water (hoping to open the pores) and gently squeezing (probably a big no-no) but even that has not worked. Anything we can do that will not make the problem worse? Thanks very much
Try microdermabrasion, worked wonder for my blackheads.  I'd also recommend the clarisonic facial cleansing brush.  It's pricy but I can't live without mine now.
Can try a facial scrub. They have facial scrubs specifically for black head removal, which might be something he'll want to try. hope it works. good luck.
Blackhead is a yellowish or blackish bump or plug on the skin and is a type of acne vulgaris. It is caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct.

Cleanse the area thoroughly and apply a good mild exfoliating scrub on that. Apply a medicated cream or gel containing resorcinol, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. This helps is soaking the oil and helps in peeling away the blackheads. If benzoyl peroxide leaves your skin dry, apply an oil-free moisturizer after 10 mins of applying benzoyl peroxide.

If the symptoms still persist then please consult a dermatologist and get cysts ruled out. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your advice. We are looking into products with those ingredients now. He did  recently start using Proactive again, and he washes with a soft facial brush and Cetaphil lotion, and the blackheads do look better, but are still very much there. What do you think of the Clarisonic face brush one poster suggested? I read quite a number of reviews on it, and most people seem to think it works wonders. Thank you again for taking the time...