Dermatology Expert Forum
Reoccuring rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Reoccuring rash

I have a rash that starts out as red patch with very small white part (almost like a single hair follacle) in the middle, which spreads.  It resembles a blister that has no fluid.  The blistered skin peels and it then heals.   It seems like it lifts several layers of skin.  It started on my legs and arms, but I have these patches on my face and back.  At times I have no rash, other times I have multple spots.

Dear Gatito55,

Thanks for posting your query.

You have provided with good information but I would like to know a few more things as this would help me in guiding you better. I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply. Hence please answer the following:

1. How long has the rash been there?

2. How long does it take for the individual rash to heal?

3. Do the rashes heal with a black mark?

4. Is the rash itchy or painful?

5. Are you suffering from any medical illness?

6. May I know your age?

7. Are you on any medication?

It will also be helpful if you can send me a link to  a pic of the rash.

As of now, with the description given by you, it seems to be a Vasculitic process.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Gaurang Krishna.
The rash has been on and off for the last year or so.  It takes 3 to 4 weeks fo r the rash to heal.  No black marks.  Rash is itchy at first and there is a little pain when the layers peel.  I have thyroid disease, asthma, hypertension and migraines and my currently 56 years old.  I currently take Synthroid, Singular, Celexa, Ambien and propranolol.  I dont't currently have a pic of the rash.  

Dear Gatito55,

Thanks for your reply.

It does seem to be small vessel vasculitis.

It is best to see a dermatologist personally for a proper diagnosis. This condition requires a biopsy for confirmation and a few blood tests as well.

As of now you may apply a mild steroid cream like Betamethasone twice daily on the rashes after consulting your GP.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Best Regards,
Dr. Gaurang Krishna