Dermatology Community
Reoccurring Rash in Same Spot
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Reoccurring Rash in Same Spot

In April of 2007 I had what I thought was a spider bite on my left buttock.  It appeared to have a tiny blister in the middle then spread out to a rash around it.  It got a little larger than then size of a silver dollar.  It was very itchy and I used a cortisone cream to relieve the itching.  Eventually it went away.  Later that year the rash came back in the exact same spot.  I went to my doctor and he prescribed an antibiotic and he told me to use Hibiclens to wash the area.  Again, eventually it went away.  Several month later, in February of 2008 the rash came back!  Again, my doctor prescribed the antibiotic (over the phone to my pharmacy - I never physically saw him this time).  Rash goes away.  This happened again in June of '08 and now the rash is back again - it is always in exactly the same spot:  it appears virtually overnight, it is irregular shaped, small red patchy bumps.  It gets itchy but when I clean it with the Hibiclens the itching subsides.  I intend to see my doctor tomorrow and hopefully have him do a culture on the spot.  This is really annying and scary!  Could this be MRSA??  Any help is appreciated!!