Reoccurring large red chin sore
I have a rather large sore that appears under the skin on my chin. This seems to appear usually when I am under stress. After the first couple days it breaks through the surface. This mass is about 3/4 in by 1 in. It usually takes about two weeks to heal. I use Gold Bond antibiotic cream several times a day. What is this sore called, and what can be done to avoid another outbreak?

This discussion is related to Facial bumps.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it sounds like folliculitis or boils. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.