Aa
A
A
Close
Ring around my iris
I have dark brown eyes but around my iris I have a lighter brown circle around it, then between the gap between the two browns there's a blue/greyish colour. It's not just me that has it, all my younger brothers have it as well and either my mum and my dad. I googled this and apprently it something to do with old age and cholesterol, however I am 17 and my youngest brother is 11 and he has it as well; and we are all healthy. Could there still be something wrong or is nothing to worry about?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
It is true that a blue ring around the iris is most likely due to high cholesterol. But, there is also a genetic tendency to develop that ring. You should consult an ophthalmologist and get your lip[id profile done. If it comes normal then there is nothing much to worry about.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources