Ringworm Treatment

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ringworm Treatment

5644868?1273000756

I posted a question a couple weeks ago about my ringworm. ( http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Ive-tried-Lotrimin-AF-and-Ketoconazole---Is-this-really-ringworm/show/1224562?personal_page_id=1360499#post_5599176 )

Since then, I suspected another ringworm infection on my left thumb and began applying Lotrimin on that 2x a day. Then I saw a dermatologist who checked the scrapings of my lesion, which came out as negative. However, it could have been false-negative since I was already using the Ketoconazole, so he is almost positive that it's still ringworm. He prescribed me Bactroban cream (to be applied 4 times a day to the big infection and to the new infection on my left thumb), along with the ketoconazole I was already using (also 4 times a day). It has been 10 days since I began this treatment. It was oozing and getting bigger, so he told me to put baby powder on it if it was oozing. There have also been tiny bumps popping up on my wrist, between my fingers, and around the lesion. I wash my hands quite frequently and am careful to use a separate towel to pat it dry.

As of yesterday, it actually looked like it was getting better. It was drying up and it wasn't as red or raised as it used to be. I've been changing my bedsheets every week and using separate towels for my body and hand. But this morning when I cleaned it, I think I may have irritated the skin because it started to ooze again! I put baby powder on it until it dried up and cleaned it off before applying the cream, but now (aka. 7 hours later) it is turning yellowish again. This is shown in the picture.

So basically, I have 2 questions:
1. By irritating the skin, did I reinfect my hand? Because this infection's been bothering me since mid-February and I don't know if I'm treating this correctly or not.
2. Are the tiny bumps also ringworm? The main infection didn't start out as tiny pimples; neither did the infection on my left thumb.

If anyone could shed even the tiniest bit of light, I'd be very grateful!
The lesion seems to have been the same on comparing it to your previous post. If the investigations for fungal infections(ringworm) have come negative, I suggest you to take a second opinion from another dermatologist and get nummular dermatitis also ruled out.

If it is ringworm then you may be needing oral antifungals as well.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

My ringworm was on for a few weeks but I put power every time when I finsh takeing my shower so put power on two times in one day if it does not work then go to the doctors.
Anyone out there more ringworm are coming on me again and it does not work
Someone help me
Have you tried natural remedies? If your infection is getting worse using the cream, stop using it. You could be allergic to it. Tea tree oil has been the thing to work for alot of people. My friend used it and saw signs of it clearing up in a few days. I also had it, I simply used otc jock itch cream. Also, try to watch your sugars, that will make it grow. Buy some chamomile tea, this is said to boost the antifungal bodies in your body. People drinking it had 6x the amount a person who doesnt drink it. Also after you make the tea, put the hot tea bag on your sores, add some lemon. And if the itch is so bad, just put some lemon juice on it. It brings the itch down, and drys out the fungus. Hope this can help.