Ringworm is gone; dry, red skin is left.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

First, it started with a cut that got infected. After the cut and infection healed, a ringworm became visible. I treated it and killed it, but now I have red, dry skin left over. The skin is scale-like, and it feels like there is a sticker on my face -- terribly annoying and inconvenient.

As of now, I'm treating it with Vitamin E oil from the capsules, Neosporin and Aloe Vera gel.

I guess my question is this: am I taking the right steps in getting rid of this?
Avatar n tn
Also, whenever any of the topical treatments dry (Vitamin E, Neosporin and Aloe Vera) the skin immediately dries back out again, as if no progress was made...
This dry red skin can be due to eczema or dermatitis skin. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Wash the area with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat it dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

jhjgjtggjh