Dermatology Expert Forum
Ringworm-like rashes and tiny white bumps on the body.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I am 29 years old with Herpis (herpes) Simplex 1..I have little tiny white bumps on my right and left forearm and around my elbows, stomach and lower back. It seems like the tiny white bumps are trying to crawl up my upper body but not yet. I also have red ringworm-like rash on my legs,some even looks like dark warts around the red area one is very big and the others are small around my legs and calf, it is crawling up my inner and outer thigh, 1 or 2 of the circular dark spot on my groin area and a few on my butt.. some even looks like dark warts around the red area) I have used Cortizone 10 for the tiny circular white bumps on my arm and back and some antifungal cream for the circular-like ringworm on my calf and legs. ..Still nothing.. The Doctor thought it was heat bumps on my arms and thought it was a ringworm on my legs.
I am very worried.. Not sure on what I have.. I thought maybe detergent or soap? Very confused.. No one in my family has a medical history of some sort.. I dont have a mediacl history for this kind of thing either, never haved!. Doctor please give me your opinon on everything? What is it? And can the rashes and bumps be cured? Is it possible that I can test positive for Herpis (herpes) and then everything come back normal? Will an STD cause this kind of thing(The tiny white bumps and ringworm-like rashes)? Will this go away? I want to wear shorts again! Is there medicine out there for this?
As best I can tell, you do have some heat bumps on your arms and some eczemas on your legs, which seems much more likely than ringworm.  Your herpes simplex 1 almost certainly has nothing to do with any of this.  What I suggest you do is see a skin doctor who can actually tell you what you have and prescribe what you need--perhaps a full-strength cortisone cream.  You're worrying a great deal about something that's almost certainly of little significance.  Check it out so you can get better and move on.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, little white bumps was started.
A related discussion, what is it? was started.
Hey Im a 21 year old woman and I have a black dark patch on my stomach as well as tiny bumps and on the outsiders of my arms I have tiny bumps as well that looks like a rash can you help please