Ringworm not going away with Fluconazole

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

A month ago I got ringworm. By the time I noticed it, I already had several lesions. I then used a topical anti-fungal cream but that didn't help. It spread rapidly from my torso to my arms and legs, and my neck. I went to see a doctor, who prescribed Fluconazole (150mg, 1 capsule a week for 4 weeks). After a few days the lesions on my stomach began to fade, so I felt I was getting better. I have just taken my third Fluconazole pill. The bad news is that although some parts of my body are definitely better, new ringworm has appeared on my face in the last few days.  

What should I do? I'm hoping to see the doctor again soon. I read on the internet that Fluconazole is not the most effective medication, and oral Lamisil is better. Is this true? Should I ask for Lamisil when I see the doctor?

I'm worried that what I have is not ringworm at all, but then again, it did respond somewhat to the Fluconazole.
Ringworm can be treated topically (with external applications) or systemically (for example, with oral medications):
Topical treatment: When fungus affects the skin of the body or the groin, many antifungal creams can clear the condition in two weeks or so. Examples of such preparations include those that contain clotrimazole (Cruex cream, Desenex cream, Lotrimin cream, lotion, and solution), miconazole (Monistat-Derm cream), ketoconazole (Nizoral cream); and terbinafine (Lamisil cream and solution).
Oral anti-fungal medications for Ringworm are terbinafine (Lamisil), itraconazole (Sporanox), and fluconazole (Diflucan).
ref:http://www.medicinenet.com/ringworm/page3.htm
Thanks for your reply. I've already been on fluconazole for over two weeks. My probme is that while some parts of my body is getting cleared up, new lesions have also appeared in the past few days. Is it normal to get more lesions during a treatment? Is this a sign that fluconazole isn't effective and I should switch to something else?
I have had similar issues with ringworm.  I had the rash for over 6 months without realizing it or seeing a doctor.  The first doctor misdiagnosed it, but months later another doctor gave me 200mg/day fluconazole for one week, but the rash is still there.  I haven't quite figured this out yet, but hopefully this isnt a problem.
I have had the misfortune of going through the resistant ringworm med cycle. Fluconazol (400 mg once week) and the prescribed ointment. No luck. Keeping it at bay by using vinegar (paper towel soaked) and letting the vinegar dry.Then apply the antifungal ointment (generic- WalMart). The organics in the ointment neutralize the acid in the vinegar. But the vinegar has killed most of the fungi. The cream prevents the rest from reproducing. Most itching has stopped. Still need to go in and lecture the PAs on creating these resistant fungi strains by underdosing (I think.)