Ringworm that wont go away

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ringworm that wont go away

I have had ringworm on me for over a month and nothing I have tried has worked. I wen't to the doctor and he proscribed a oral anti-fungal... but the issue remains. I am starting to get concerned cause It spread to a few other areas and doesn't seem to wan't to leave. I can provide more info but I just was wondering if someone had an idea what is wrong.
Tags: ringworm, won't, GO AWAY, fungal, Doctor
My husband and I going through the exact same thing. I've had about 20ish spots all over my body, that seems to fade but not entirely go away (For a month and a week, going on two weeks) Although I started Oral Meds late, I'm on day 6 of Terbinafine. I've been taking it day by day. Who would have thought Ringworm would suck so bad :(. We ended up getting it from 2 rescue kittens. They seem to kind of fade, but I can still see them. I've been trying a lot of things, including home remedies. I can tell you a few things that seemed to kick it in the butt a lot more than creams. Apple Cider Vinegar, and tea tree oil. I\m hoping the Terbinafine makes these completely disappear. Since this is a first ringworm experience for me, I have no Idea what they look like when they are in the process of healing :(. I almost feel depressed sometimes when I look at my skin, because I wonder if I will ever be back to normal.
It can be due to fungal infection of the groin. Keep the area dry, wear loose fitting clothes, and change undergarments at least twice a day. Most cases respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients.
If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.