Dermatology Expert Forum
Ringworm(fungus)on head of penis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ringworm(fungus)on head of penis

After having oral sex and intercourse with a female I noticed red dots on the head of my penis about 2 days later.I was protected during intercourse except for when the condom broke for a couple seconds. I waiting to see if it would go away by itself and it did but then I had a burning feeling after urinating and felt like I had to urinate again and again and only very little would actually come out. Then the redness came back and looked as if it was dry and chapped. I went to a Docter and he said it was a fungus known as Ringworm. He prescribed me DOXYCYCLINE for the burning feeling and NYSTATIN/TRIAMCINOLONE CREAM to apply to the head of the penis. After about 5-6 weeks the redness went away and the burning seemed to be non existent. I noticed after ejaculating the redness came back so then I called the Docter and asked if I can use a different cream that I used on a case of Ringworm that I had on my inner thigh about 1 year ago called SPECTAZOLE he said yes. So I used that cream and I still have the redness and the burning still bothers me after I urinate. It is really bothering me Doc I just want to be 100% cured.