Dermatology Expert Forum
Ringworm(fungus)on head of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Ringworm(fungus)on head of penis

After having oral sex and intercourse with a female I noticed red dots on the head of my penis about 2 days later.I was protected during intercourse except for when the condom broke for a couple seconds. I waiting to see if it would go away by itself and it did but then I had a burning feeling after urinating and felt like I had to urinate again and again and only very little would actually come out. Then the redness came back and looked as if it was dry and chapped. I went to a Docter and he said it was a fungus known as Ringworm. He prescribed me DOXYCYCLINE for the burning feeling and NYSTATIN/TRIAMCINOLONE CREAM to apply to the head of the penis. After about 5-6 weeks the redness went away and the burning seemed to be non existent. I noticed after ejaculating the redness came back so then I called the Docter and asked if I can use a different cream that I used on a case of Ringworm that I had on my inner thigh about 1 year ago called SPECTAZOLE he said yes. So I used that cream and I still have the redness and the burning still bothers me after I urinate. It is really bothering me Doc I just want to be 100% cured.
Redness of the head of the penis is usually irritation, not yeast or fungus.  If it were fungus, the creams you used would have gotten rid of it a long time ago.  The fact that they didn't probably means not that you have a resistant fungus but that you don't have a fungus at all, and quite possibly never did.  I advise you to see a doctor who is more familiar with penile rashes, as well as evaluation of urinary burning.  Meantime, don't put any medications on it, just bland moisturizers.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, skin problem was started.
A related discussion, Small red bumps on penis head was started.