Rosacea

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rosacea

I had seborrheic dermatitis  for 7 years now and because of that i had to use Corticosteroid , but unfortunately i did not know about the side effects of that and i used it on the scalp and bear for many years , now that i am 31 i was diagnosed with rosacea, i was wondering can this be steroid induce rosacea and if yes would it go away. nobody in my family has ever had rosacea  and my father had mild seborrhea

This discussion is related to Do I have steroid induced rosacea?? .
Oral antibiotics can really get rid of the symptoms.  Also there are topical meds (metronidazole cream and Klaron, a thin lotion) which help somewhat I guess but are not as effective.
You could try neem soap for the rosacea.  For the seborrhea you could use neem shampoo or Nizoral shampoo.

For inflammation, what feels good is Arnica gel or Psoriaflora salve.  
thank you for your comments but can any body say if its steroid induce rosacea ? and is steroid induce rosacea curable or is it like rosacea chronic