Rough brown spots on toes.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rough brown spots on toes.

I have these patches of skin on my toes on my left foot that are rough, slightly raised, and brown. They don't hurt and they don't itch so I'm not too worried about them, but I'd still like to know what they are. They showed up fairly recently (within the past few months) and they've spread a bit. Anyone have any ideas? I can take a picture if that would help.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be callus.

Pls apply lots of moisturing lotion and vit E on the toes. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions. Soak feet in warm soapy water to soften calluses.Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer.

If still the calluses persist,then pls go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.