Rough skin rash (not bumpy)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rough skin rash (not bumpy)

This rash I have had over the years is below my armpits, its dry and scaily and gets worse in cold weather, its a little bit on my but, mostly covering my thaighs, around but not in my armpits (both sides mostly on the right going down my torso) and elbows

It gets worse if I ever shower in homes that have bad well water (normal city water seems to feel better) I fight to keep it at bay but now that I'm 24 im sick of being deathly insacure with my own body, I got the looks when meeting girls but under the shirt is a diffrent story :(

this ***** its been ruining my life cince highschool and need help. I would like to try some over the counter or diatary changes before seeking another specialist, never did get any doctor perscribed lotions or anything due tto costs
Two important possibilities from your symptoms are eczema skin and psoriasis. Psoriasis is a long-term (chronic) skin problem that causes skin cells to grow too quickly, resulting in thick, white, silvery, or red patches of skin. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics etc.
You may need a biopsy skin to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.