Rough skin spot in the head of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Rough skin spot in the head of penis

I am 30 years old and I have a rough spot in part from the head of the penis .. Has been used creams like Nivea cream and 21, but did not yield a result .. Is there a medical ointment recommended by such a situation ..

It can be due to dry skin, seborrheic dermatitis , eczema or psoriasis skin. The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

If still the symptoms persist then the above mentioned possibilities need to be ruled out. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.