Round, red, non-itching 1/2 inch diameter spots on chest and arms
About 2 months ago, my husband noticed a few round red spots on his upper chest.  They do not itch or hurt and do not seem to change in size, color, or shape.  He has a habit of falling asleep with lit cigarettes (only when I'm awake next to him, thank goodness!!), so I naturally thought these were cigarette burns.  Now he has about 20-30 red spots on his upper chest and arms - no place else.  I suspect this is something fairly benign.  However, he luckily enjoyed near perfect health until he hit his 50's, so he's a bit scared about his spots.  Does anyone have a clue what these might be and what treatments are available?

Thanks to all.

One important possibility for such pink spots on the trunk can be pityriasis rosea. Initially, a primary plaque, called a herald patch, is seen. Then it is followed by a distinctive, generalized rash 1-2 weeks later. The rash lasts approximately 2-6 weeks and is found in a Christmas tree pattern over the trunk and abdomen.

I suggest you to get it checked from a dermatologist as nothing can be confirmed without examination. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.