Aa
A
A
Close
Round, red, non-itching 1/2 inch diameter spots on chest and arms
About 2 months ago, my husband noticed a few round red spots on his upper chest.  They do not itch or hurt and do not seem to change in size, color, or shape.  He has a habit of falling asleep with lit cigarettes (only when I'm awake next to him, thank goodness!!), so I naturally thought these were cigarette burns.  Now he has about 20-30 red spots on his upper chest and arms - no place else.  I suspect this is something fairly benign.  However, he luckily enjoyed near perfect health until he hit his 50's, so he's a bit scared about his spots.  Does anyone have a clue what these might be and what treatments are available?

Thanks to all.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139

Hello,
One important possibility for such pink spots on the trunk can be pityriasis rosea. Initially, a primary plaque, called a herald patch, is seen. Then it is followed by a distinctive, generalized rash 1-2 weeks later. The rash lasts approximately 2-6 weeks and is found in a Christmas tree pattern over the trunk and abdomen.

I suggest you to get it checked from a dermatologist as nothing can be confirmed without examination. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources