Round, very red spot, on arm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Round, very red spot, on arm

My 16 year old son has a round, perfectly circular, very raw, red spot a little larger than a quarter on his arm. It does not itch and resembles a burn. It started out looking like a cigarette burn. It rapidly grew larger and redder. We have taken him to his doctor five times and he has seen a dermatologist twice. They have taken skin scrapings and ruled out eczema, lyme disease, and ringworm. They have taken a biopsy of his skin, and results will take about a week. He has been prescriped fluocinonide and it isnt helping. I am getting very concerned as it seem to be getting larger.
One possibility for your symptoms is granuloma annulare. Granuloma annulare is a chronic disease consisting of a rash with reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring. Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed. Please discuss this with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar n tn
my 2 1/2 year old has a red round spot on his arm bigger than a quarter. it was smaller yesterday when I told my husband to look at it. I gave him benedrayl past couple days. He feels a little warm and not eating a whole lot just drinking more. Not sure whether to go ahead and take him to the doctor or wait a couple more days to see if it goes away.
Since the red rash is being accompanied by fever, so chances are there that it can be due to viral fever or a viral rash. However in pediatric age group, it is advisable to give any sort of medications at such a young age only under a pediatrician’s guidance.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

My son has 4 or 5 red dots flush Agnes the skin looks kinda like ring worm but not itching or dry what could this be please help he's 4