Round dry peeling spot on face that keeps coming back
so i have this odd circle shaped spot of skin on my face that is dry and sometimes raised and it also has red around it. it is located right below my right eye and it has been there since the beginning of summer and keeps on going away and coming back again. i have tried applying lotion to moisturize it once but at the time it made it burn. at the moment it is just a bit itchy but it doesn't burn at all.. i also don't have it anywhere else but that one spot. i have had eczema before on my chest but not like this. my eczema was patches of skin that were red and itchy and peeling but it was spread out and did not take a particular shape. the doctor prescribed me nizoral at the time to get rid of the rash and it went away and now i would like to know what this is if that is possible. here is a link to a picture i tried to take of it so hopefully it works. by the way sorry if its a bit blurry, it was the best shot i could get. http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z311/sweetkisses141991/face.jpg
This patch of skin can be due to seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos.

If the symptoms persist then dry skin and eczema should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.